Saturday, June 4, 2011

Music feeds my soul


mu·sic

[myoo-zik] Show IPA
–noun
1.
an art of sound in time that expresses ideas and emotions in significant forms through the elements of rhythm, melody, harmony, and color.


I am listening to Pandora at the moment and have realized how much music is a huge part of my day to day existence. It is such a powerful source of energy and enjoyment. There is nothing like rocking out to a song in the car or giving a great concert in the shower. The stories that musicians tell are amazing and most often I find myself listening to a certain song or discovering a certain time in my life. I know many of us will listen to a certain song and be able to go back to a moment in time like summer of '99 or '68. Music can almost be a form of time travel in a way. It allows us to connect to moments of the past and at the same time jam out in the present day. I am grateful for the opportunity to have the ability to hear and listen to music because it such an amazing force in my life.

My challenge: Enjoy the music, whether it be the radio, your own instrument, or even the sounds of this world itself.

Patty G.

No comments: