Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Take the Time to Stop and smell the Roses (or pollution in my case)


So the end of the month is coming and it has been one crazy month I should say. I just closed my show at Manhattan Rep Theater and it all came together. I actually really liked performing the show and it sucks that it was only a three show run. But now I am gearing up for this summer and Clue the musical. I am actually really excited to get a away from the city for a little bit and just focus on rehearsing and performing. It will be a nice paid vacation. So anyway, lately I have been very reflective on life and my life. Things in are so impressive the way they happen and it just makes me reflect on the incredible world we live in. While there is violence, crime, war, and poverty, there is a beauty that still exists in the world, and we as human I think forget about that beauty. We are so often concerned with our own concerns and desires we do not stop to appreciate the people and world around us. For instance, the other day I was walking to work down in Tribeca and listening to my ipod and suddenly I just looked up. In the sky slightly covered by clouds and in between the buildings was the sun. It was just so incredible and then it made me think about important people in my life that are no longer with us. The point is if I had never looked up, I would have never had that moment and it was just such a simple moment that has now left a lasting impression on me. Who knows exactly what this life is all about? However, I am slowly discovering that is not always about me and my wants but about this world as a whole. I believe there is something out there bigger than we can even imagine that created all this and guiding us. I have to understand this as God, you may call it something else. I respect that as I expect you to respect me. Life is too short to get caught up in trivial disputes I have decided. I am going to look up more often in order to have more ah ha moments and live life to the fullest in order to appreciate what the world has to offer.

No comments: